Tooling for Slip and Swage Frantz Bearings into a 2.5” Dia. x 11 - 14 gauge tube or 1.9" Dia. x 14 & 16 gauge tube.
This tool is designed to slip fit and swage Frantz bearings into a 1.9" or 2.5” diameter tube, securely locking the bearing into the tube. The bearing must be slipped into the tube loosely, or by press fit, prior to using this tool.
- High quality Tool Steel
- Nest for roller assembly, to permit HANDS-FREE press closure
- Attaches to your adapter plate with three 5/16-18 screws on a 2.875” bolt circle, or can be clamped by the flange
- Built by, and in stock at Frantz® Manufacturing Company
- Press must have a method of consistently stopping its stroke to prevent “dog-boning” of the roller ends
- Must be capable of enough pressure to buckle a 2.5” - 11ga tube, but have a relief valve to limit that pressure to approximately 19 tons.
70 Rb or softer (BHN 125; 10 mm Ball, 3000 kg)
Tube Preparation Required:
- 1.9" O.D. tubes with 14 or 16 ga wall thickness require only a squarely cut end. Attention needs to be paid to the burr in order to eliminate the burr removal operation. If the burr is allowed to become too large, the flange of the bearing may collapse before the bearing can push through the burr.
- 2.5” O.D. tubes with 12, 13, or 14 ga wall thickness require only a squarely cut end. Bearings can be loosely assembled into the tube. Load carrying capability will vary, depending upon the fit up.
- 2.5” O.D. tubes with 11 ga or thicker wall will need to be reamed to accept a slip or press fit of the bearing. The bearing must be inserted into the tube BEFORE this tool is used.
- A Frantz® Manufacturing engineer can evaluate your “worst case” cut-off, and press a bearing into one of your tube samples for your inspection.
- Does your burr look like this? Give us a call!
This tooling is recommended for use with Frantz® bearings only.
When ordering, reference Frantz® Manufacturing Co. Print CUSTB043.