Tooling for crimping 1970 Series Bearings into a 2.5” Dia. x 11 - 14 gauge tube
This tool is designed to crimp a 1970 series bearing into a 2.5” diameter tube, securely locking the bearing into the tube. The bearing must be assembled loosely, or by press fit, into the tube prior to using this tool.
- High quality Tool Steel
- Nest for roller assembly, to permit HANDS-FREE press closure
- Attaches to your adapter plate with three 5/16-18 screws on a 2.875” bolt circle, or can be clamped by the flange
- Will also work with 300 lb GEN II® semi-precision, 620 lb GEN II® semi-precision, and various GENSTAR® precision bearings by changing the center piloting knock-out sleeve
- Built by, and in stock at Frantz® Manufacturing Company
- Press must have a method of consistently stopping its stroke to prevent “dog-boning” of the roller ends
- Must be capable of enough pressure to buckle a 2.5” - 11ga tube, but have a relief valve to limit that pressure to approximately 19 tons.
- 70 Rb or softer (BHN 125; 10 mm Ball, 3000 kg)
Tube Preparation Required
- 2.5” O.D. tubes with 12, 13, or 14 ga wall thickness require only a squarely cut end. Bearings can be loosely assembled into the tube. Load carrying capability will vary, depending upon the fit up.
- 2.5” O.D. tubes with 11 ga or thicker wall will need to be reamed to accept a slip or press fit of the bearing. The bearing must be inserted into the tube BEFORE this tool is used.
- A Frantz® Manufacturing engineer can evaluate your “worst case” cut-off, and press a bearing into one of your tube samples for your inspection.
- Does your burr look like this? Give us a call!
This tooling is recommended for use with Frantz® bearings only.
When ordering, reference Frantz® Manufacturing Co. Print CUSTB043.
to view our 1000 Series Crimping & Pressing Tool.